A brief, but intriguing, tour of Corfu takes you to the Monastery of the Virgin Mary and a seaside village that will take your breath away.
Corfu Sights and Wine Tasting Tour
A brief, but intriguing, tour of Corfu takes you to the Monastery of the Virgin Mary and a seaside village that will take your breath away. You will have the chance to taste some of the finest wines from local verities in one of the Oldest wineries of the island. You’ll also stroll through Corfu’s Old Town on a tour that showcases its historical sites, including St. Spyridon, the final resting place of the island’s patron saint the Corfu Sights and Wine Tasting Tour is the perfect choice for experience Corfu Island sights.
Your day wouldn’t start better than visiting Palaiokastritsa’s monastery which is dedicated to the Vergin Mary and admiring the view of Ionian Sea and the surrounding bays. By walking inside the monastery of the Virgin Mary you find, gleaming whitewashed walls, lemon trees and a carefully tended flower garden. Inside the chapel you will find a fine collection and some of the rarest Byzantine icons, relics and religious paintings. The monastery inhabited by monks, was founded in 1288, but the present day complex was erected in the 18th century and offers unrivalled views of the area. Situated in the fertile Ropa Valley and owned by one of the Oldest families on the island is the Theotoky Estate. The estate produce some of the best wine of the island as well as the most sought after olive oil. Experience the production process for both the wine and olive oil followed by a sampling of the wine with some local made cheese, fresh bread, olive oil and olives grown on the estate. At the end of your visit there will be the opportunity to purchase the wines and olive oil from the estate. Best seen on foot, the old town is a mixture of the medieval and the modern. The old and new fortresses bear the insignia of the Venetian Republic. During your tour of the Old Corfu Town, you will see the Espianade, planted with palms and eucalyptus by the French, see the English cricket pitch, view the Palace of St. Michael and St. George, once home to Corfu’s British rulers, and wander along the narrow streets and small plazas to the church of St. Spyridon. Free time will be given to further explore the charming town on your own.
- Wine tasting & Snacks
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Tour escort/host
- Insurance coverage
- Mobile contact number for any emergency, available 24/7
- A small bottle of bottled water
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Entrance fees
- Guide in any other language available if private tour requested – if you have selected the tour as a private tour just inform as for your language
- Appropriate clothing should be worn in places of worship in Monastery. Shoulders should be covered
- Flash photography and shorts are not permitted in the Monastery also photos and video cameras are not permitted in the Church of St. Spyridon
- The guided portion of St. Spyridon will be conducted outside the church unless headsets will be worn
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- There are cobblestones in old Corfu Town
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly are available for an additional fee and can be paid locally (ask you guide for further info)
Price: 48€ per person / Day